So the things I have realized as of late (no pun intended) is that I cannot see without my glasses. I'm not talking like can't see to drive, or need them for the computer, I mean actually can't see. Like tonight for example, I decided after my shower to get all close up to the mirror and examine and pick at my face skin. Nothing out of the ordinary, I'm a woman. I have been seeing little hairs on my upper lip that I haven't noticed in the past month or so; naturally, I get rid of them while poking around at my eyebrows. That's fine, then I start really pulling around at the skin and notice the beginnings of very fine lines around the eyes mouth and forehead. I mean, in my defense I am like fogging up the mirror with my nose breath so they aren't that noticeable. I finish the examination and moisturize with a capital M and put my glasses back on. GEEZ! What is that?! I have made myself all red and blotchy and shiny, and then once again realize that once I could see it, it was not pretty. Apparently I was so close to the bathroom mirror that I had an indentation on my chest from the faucet... yea.
Things change: I remember when I could eat french fries for lunch every single day, the day after I turned 18 I magically gained 10 pounds from all that. Where were they hiding before? Maybe they were in my hair waiting to descend on my ass, I do have a lot of hair. Then at 20 I had acid reflux and high cholesterol, now at the magic number of 25.5 I can't just get random bursts of energy and sprint or jump around anymore without needing to sit down and have a glass of water. I know 25 is nothing, but I'm not kidding. It's rapid. I'm like freaking Benjamin Button on rewind!
And let's not forget the nerdy glasses and wanting to go to bed at a decent hour.
![]() |
| This is how I feel about glasses now. Since I am allergic to contacts and am poor, I will be taking donations for Lasik. Any takers? Anyone? Bueller? |

2 comments:
I sympathize and understand how you feel...my big 2-6 is coming up in exactly 3 months. I'm already complaining how my joints hurt, most TV shows are retarded, and how "kids" these days dress like sluts; not to mention the 8...yes 8 I've counted...stretch marks on my stomach that appeared during the last 2 weeks of pregnancy. My glasses are now nececcary for TV, computer and driving...a year ago when I got them they were "just because" as the doctor put it. Pretty much optional.
My oldest sister asked me if dying my hair was a pre-mid-life crisis thing. Maybe it is. Oh well.
All we need to remember is that we have good men that love us and wonderful moms.
YOU ARE GORGEOUS and if that comes with a few minute wrinkles that I'm sure are from that beautiful smile of yours, don't worry about it! You've earned them with each smile, laugh, and chuckle that has come along the way <3
Jules that is the best thing I have ever read! Love you to pieces and miss you! I still stand by removing Oregon so Washington and California could be closer together, and therefore I could meet your mini-me!
Post a Comment